Monday, September 13, 2010

Rick Ross Clowns Jumpmans!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKnDggbliQ

Ross has a point, Jumpmans are completely wack and in my opinion designed to appeal to generic white guys with poor taste in sneakers.

But I must point out that not all Jumpmans are created equally. The original Jumpman Pro's which I believe were designed exclusively for Kevin Garnett were the fuckin shit!

I had these boys back in 1997 when they were released and wore them during my eighth grade basketball season.

Back then nobody even knew what Jumpmans were, they just assumed they were Jordans. This was even before the Jordan Brand and Team Jordan which would shortly follow. They even came in the brown Nike box.

What I remember fondly was the strong smell of leather that punched you in the face when you opened the box to try them on. Unlike the corny pleather re-releases that just came out a few years ago.

Special thanks to Rwendt23 for letting me jack this pic from him....

Id also like to caution Ross not to sleep on the high top Vin Bakers released the following year. The green and black ones were ok but the Olympic editions were bananas!



No comments:

Post a Comment